- To enable us to provide you with the Services that we offer, you are required to provide certain personal Data. Disclosure of the data you will be asked to provide is not required by law, you are not legally obligated to provide such Data, and the disclosure thereof depends on your willingness and consent. However, without disclosure of such Data, the quality of the Service that we provide you with will be significantly affected and, in certain cases, we will not be able to provide you with the Service that you request.
- When using the Website, you will be asked to provide the following personal Data:
- Technical Browsing Data. When you use the Website, the Association (and/or anyone acting on its behalf) collects and stores data about you and your activities on the Website, including IP addresses, device identifiers, the type of browser used and the like.
- Contact Details. When you contact us, we will collect your name, your job title and name of the company where you work, email address, phone number and the content of the messages you send to us. Moreover, if you contact us by phone, your telephone calls with our representatives may be recorded or otherwise documented.
- Subscription to Updates on Conferences and Events. When you subscribe to receive updates on conferences and events, we will collect your full name, your job title and name of the company where you work, email address, phone number and such other Data as may be required from time to time.
- Clearing. When purchasing tickets for conferences held by the Association (“Tickets”), you may provide us the following details: credit card number, expiry date and CVV code, your ID number, if required, and/or all other Data necessary for buying the Tickets. The foregoing shall be deemed notice under Section 11 of the Privacy Protection Law.
Use of Data
- We use the Data collected from you to provide you with the Services, among others, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our Services, and to enable you to received Data about IHFA and its activities, which include, among others, holding conferences, seminars and providing Data and updates related to the hedge fund sector, directly and/or indirectly, in Israel or abroad.
- To operate the Website and improve the user experience on the Website.
- To maintain activities that support our Services, such as obtaining insurance coverage and continuing to hold it, making strategic decisions, business development, financial management, etc.
- To contact you with offers, including marketing and commercial offers, subject to applicable law. and to tailor the offers sent to you based on your needs, areas of interest and preferences.
- To comply with a legal obligation or judicial order that applies to the Association.
- To improve the Services and user experience, and to create new services.
- To protect the rights, interests and assets of the Association and any third party.
Transfer of Data to Third Parties
- We attach great importance to the confidentiality of your personal Data and will neither trade nor sell your personal Data to third parties.
- We may only share your personal Data with the following entities and for the following purposes: third parties providing IHFA with services related to those provided by IHFA (whether services designed to support the Website, such as computer and data processing services, data storage services, analytics services and the like, or services intended to support IHFA’s business activities, such as clearing and payment services, delivery services, services provided by legal advisors, accountants, insurance agents and consultants, business development services, direct mailing outsourcing services, marketing and advertising, sponsors, conference and event producers and other consultants).
- If IHFA receives a judicial order instructing it to disclose personal Data and/or other Data to third parties.
- In any dispute, claim, action, demand or legal proceedings, if any, between you and IHFA and/or anyone acting on its
- To maintain and protect the rights, assets and property of IHFA or any third parties.
- With your consent or instruction:
If IHFA sells, assigns or transfers any part or all of its business and/or assets to a third party, or is acquired by or merged into a third party, or initiates bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings.
- In addition to the entities listed above, cumulative non-identifying Data about you may be disclosed to third parties. However, before we do so, we will ensure that the Data disclosed to third parties does not identify the individuals about whom the Data is collected.
- Any use of the Data by third parties is the sole responsibility of such third parties, and IHFA will not be held liable for any use of the Website.
- We will not disclose the Data to third parties beyond the scope provided for in Section 12 above, except in the following circumstances:
Direct Mailing and Marketing Offers
- “Cookies” are files located on the hard drive of the user’s personal computer which make it possible to collect Data about the user’s internet preferences and usage habits, such as preferential websites, areas of interest, etc. We may use “cookies” to enable us to tailor the Website and the Services contained therein to users’ preferences and to improve the user experience on the Website.
- If you are not interested in Data being collected by us through “cookies”, you can change the settings in the browser you use, delete the existing “cookies”, prevent the creation of “cookies” or create an option whereby upon the discovery of each “cookie” you will be given the option of agreeing or refusing to create such file. Your choice to not accept “cookies” and/or to cancel the acceptance of “cookies” will decrease your ability to enjoy all of the interactive features and/or Services on the Website.
Transfer of Data outside the Jurisdiction of Israel
- We may transfer your personal Data outside the jurisdiction of Israel and/or the European Union, among others, for cloud storage purposes. The Data security and privacy protection laws in the jurisdiction to which the personal Data is transferred may not be as comprehensive as the laws applicable in Israel and the European Union, in which case we will take steps to ensure a similar level of protection for your personal Data. By using the Website, you agree to the said transfer.
Links to Other Websites
Israel Hedges Fund Association (NGO)